Skip-A-Payment Program Details
1. Review the following terms to determine whether or not your Bellco Federal Credit Union loan* qualifies.
*Please note that Home Equity Loans, Home Equity Lines of Credit, VISA® Credit Cards, and loans newer than 3 months DO NOT qualify for this promotion. Certain exceptions for Home Equity Loans can be made, please contact the credit union for availability. Bellco has the right to accept or deny Skip-A-Payment requests at our discretion.
2. If your loan qualifies, please complete the application and return to Bellco Federal Credit Union, log in to Bellco's Internet Banking and schedule your Skip-A-Payment or contact one of our Member Service Representatives.
Application and payment must be received 5 days prior to loan due date you wish to skip.
How many payments will be skipped?
When we have approved the Skip-A-Payment option, we will skip the next monthly payment due on your loan if payment is due monthly; two payments if payment is due semi-monthly or bi-weekly; and four payments if payment is due weekly.
It must be complete, including any co-borrower's signature if applicable. Incomplete applications will be returned.
You may copy the application if you would like to Skip-A-Payment on more than one qualified Bellco loan.
There is a $35 fee for each qualified Skip-A-Payment. The fee may be withdrawn from your Bellco account, paid by cash, or by check made payable to Bellco FCU. Please do not mail cash.
If you are scheduling Skip-A-Payment in our Internet Banking, you may schedule the month you wish to skip in advance, however, the fee will be withdrawn from your account immediately. If your loan is delinquent during the approved Skip-A-Pay month you requested when scheduling in Internet Banking, Bellco will not honor the Skip-A-Pay and the fee is non-refundable.
- Payroll deduction/direct deposit - Amount of loan payment will remain in your Bellco savings or checking account.
- Monthly transfer from Bellco savings/checking - Your automatic payment will not be transferred to your loan on the skipped month; your payment will remain in your Bellco savings or checking account.
- Electronic withdraw from another financial institution - Payment will still be withdrawn from your other financial institution and deposited into your Bellco savings account for month skipped.
One Skip-A-Payment option per loan is permitted per calendar year. Skip-A-Payment cannot be used for two consecutive months on the same loan. If you have an auto loan with GAP Insurance, you may only use the Skip-A-Payment option 2 times within the life of the loan without affecting the GAP payout at total loss.
Final Payment Date
It will be extended to allow you to pay your skipped payment at the end of your loan. Please note that interest will continue to accrue at your normal contract rate on your unpaid loan balance during the skipped period but you will not owe a late charge for skipping your payment. In addition, all other terms and provisions of your loan will remain the same.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 February 2014 19:37