Buying or refinancing a home in Whitfield, PA? Find out how Bellco Federal Credit Union, one of the best mortgage lenders in Berks County, can help!
In 1938, Bell Telephone employees formed Bell Telephone Credit Union. They wanted to establish a financial institution they could trust, one where they would have a voice, and one that would help fellow employees obtain hard-to-get loans.
Now, 80 years later, Bellco FCU, a member-owned, not-for-profit federal credit union, continues to offer unique financial products and services to individuals and small businesses in Berks County, PA.
Unlike for-profit banks that focus on earning profits for their shareholders, we return our earnings to Bellco FCU members in the form of low interest rates on loans, high-yield investment accounts, low- or no-fee checking and savings accounts, and the friendliest service.
Affordable Mortgage Options from Bellco FCU
Bellco FCU offers competitively low rates for home purchase, refinance, or construction, and has a number of home financing programs available, including:
- 30-Year Mortgages: This very popular option is an excellent choice if you plan to live in your home for many years and want the security of a monthly principal and interest payment that will not change over the life of your loan.
- 15-Year Mortgages: This mortgage requires higher monthly payments compared to a 30-year mortgage, but you will pay a lot less interest over the life of the loan, build equity faster, and own your home in half the time.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages: An “ARM” features an initial interest rate for a defined time period and then fluctuates over the life of the loan. If interest rates rise or fall, your monthly payment will be adjusted to reflect that change.
- FHA Mortgages: An FHA mortgage is one of the easiest types of mortgage loans to qualify for because it requires a low down payment (typically 3.5%), and has less stringent credit guidelines. Loans are available for purchases and refinances.
- VA Mortgage: VA home mortgages are backed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to help eligible veterans, reservists, active-duty service members, and some surviving spouses purchase a primary residence by offering excellent mortgage terms that most conventional and FHA mortgages are unable to match.
- USDA Home Loan: This 30-year fixed rate mortgage is designed for low to moderate income home buyers and can be an excellent financing option if the property qualifies. USDA loans often offer lower interest rates than conventional mortgages and other government-backed mortgages, such as FHA and VA home loans.
Not Yet a Bellco FCU Member?
If you live, work, worship, or attend school in Berks County, PA, or are an immediate family member of a Bellco FCU member (no matter where you live), you are eligible to become a member.
Open a primary savings account with as little as $5 and establish your membership in just a few steps. Once you join Bellco FCU, your spouse, children, siblings and parents will be eligible to join too and take advantage of competitive rates for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, and the many other services we offer.
As experienced mortgage lenders to residents of Whitfield, PA, Bellco FCU is dedicated to helping our members and their families build better lives. Contact us today to learn more!