Home equity loans from Bellco Federal Credit Union can help you pay for large purchases without touching your savings by leveraging the equity you’ve built up in your Kutztown, PA home.
Bellco FCU is a member-owned, not-for-profit federal credit union. Since 1938, we have provided unique financial products and services to individuals in Berks County, including home equity lines of credit, traditional home equity loans, fixed rate mortgages, and more.
Just like banks, credit unions accept deposits, make loans and provide a wide variety of other financial services. But as member-owned and cooperative institution, we provide a safe place to save and borrow at reasonable rates with exceptional customer service.
What is a Home Equity Loan?
A home equity loan is a second mortgage on your primary residence. It allows you to borrow based on the appraised value of your home, minus the amount you still owe on your mortgage.
This loan is perfect for big-ticket purchases, such as home improvements, dream vacations, weddings, education expenses, debt consolidations, and more. It can help you fund large purchases without touching your savings.
Home equity loans from Bellco FCU offer flexible terms up to 15 years. The benefits include:
- Competitive rates for several short-term or one-time needs;
- Funds are provided in a single lump sum;
- Repay in budget-friendly fixed monthly payments, just like your original mortgage;
- Local, Pennsylvania decision-making and processing;
- Friendly service from start to finish;
- Optional Bellco Loan Protection available.
Even when you still owe on your mortgage, you don’t have to sacrifice your dreams. The equity you’ve built up in your home may be the answer. Home equity loans can provide the financial freedom you need!
Do You Qualify?
Requirements differ from lender to lender, but here are a few things you will typically need in order to qualify for a loan secured by the equity in your home:
- Income – Be prepared to show you have sufficient income to cover your mortgage payment and the new loan payment.
- Strong Credit – Check your credit score. Lenders want to know you have a history of paying your debts on time.
- Low Debt-to-Income Ratio – Lenders like to see a low debt-to-income ratio (DTI), or the ratio between your overall debts and your income.
- Other Assets – Additional assets, such as a car, boat, rental property, or other investments, will make lenders feel more secure about lending you money.
Are You Eligible to Join Bellco FCU?
Anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Berks County may join Bellco FCU, including immediate family members, such as your spouse, children, siblings and parents.
Simply open a Member Savings account with as little as $5, and set up your membership in minutes. This is not a fee; it is your share of the credit union.
Enjoy financial freedom with home equity loans from Bellco FCU in Kutztown, PA. We go out of our way to offer you the best products and services.